Savio LivingPonds Pond Water Fall Filter

Combine your Pond Waterfall with your Pond Filter in one unit. It incorporates a round-design filter that operates nearly 3x more effectively than inefficient square filters, and it adds a beautiful water feature to your pond.

LivingPonds Pond WaterFall Filter

Out of the box, it can filter up to 5,000 gallon water feature or 2,000 gal koi pond. It provides enormous surface area for cultivating bacteria for biological filtration. Adding even more filtration is as simple as connecting filters together. Gives professional results instantly.

Round is Better - 30% of a square box filter is simply unused corner space, the other 70% is active at startup. Within 8-10 weeks the media begins to clog and filter efficiency drops to just 20-30%! By contrast Livingponds® Filters run at nearly 97% efficiency at start-up and maintain 85-90% efficiency at 8-10 weeks using Savio Springflo media.

Savio Springflo Bio Filter Media's performance is unmatched. (Included in purchase) It provides enormous surface area while being light and compact. Each roll contains 180 square foot of surface area, suitable for up to 3 cubic feet of filter volume. Easily self dispenses. Simply hold above the filter and start unwinding media from the inside center. It dispenses itself!

Unlike the copies, this patented ribbon encourages better adhesion and proliferation of bacteria using a special formulation of polypropylene and calcium carbonate. The textured surface is embossed with millions of dimples to rapidly secure and develop beneficial micro-organisms. It does not clog and resists channelling and compaction in up-flow and horizontal flow pressure filter chambers. Negative buoyancy keeps it in place.

Savio Springflo is easy to clean. Simply shake it and drain the filter. Other media is prone to clogging, requiring rigorous cleaning which disrupts healthy bacteria. Savio Springflo is very durable, lasting 3-5 years.

Livingponds Pond Waterfall Filter features:

  • Dynamic waterfall with a 22" weir.
  • Durable, precision injection-molded, non-collapsing housing.
  • Top feed eliminates check valves
  • Easy-clean settling cone and bottom drain
  • Includes filter mat and SpringFlo filter media.
  • 1-1/2" bottom drain.
  • 1-1/2" Inlet
  • 30" tall, 22" diameter.
  • 5000 GPH Maximum flow rate. Recommended pump flow 500 - 5,000 gph (min-max). Adding even more filtration is as simple as connecting filters together.
  • For ponds up to 5000 gallons
  • 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty

Some General Rules for Waterfalls: A 1/2” deep water flow at the weir (the part the water falls off of ) requires 100 gallons per hour (gph) per inch of width. Most residential disappearing waterfalls are twice that.

To determine pump flow at the falls: Head pressure may be calculated using 1 foot of pressure for each foot of height above water level and 1 foot of pressure for each 10 feet of tubing after the €first 10 feet.

For more information about :Choosing a Pump

See What Our Customers Are Saying