Fish Mate Gravity Bio Pond Filter
An economical, easy-to-maintain, 3-Stage Mechanical and Biological Filter for optimal pond water quality and healthy fish
Fishmate Bio Pond filter traps large particulates to protect the pump from clogging from debris in the pond. More importantly, it purifies the pond water by biologically cleansing the water that flows through it, making a healthy environment for the fish and plants.
Three Stages of Filtration:
- Three stages of filtration are accomplished as the water flows through the filter chambers.
- In the first stage, the water passes through a chamber with a coarse filter brush that strains out debris, depositing it into the chamber for easy removal.
- During the second stage, a specially-developed, profiled filter sponge traps most of the remaining particles.
- The final stage contains supra biological filter media for the removal of ammonia. Beneficial bacteria grow throughout the media, digesting the ammonia to sustain their own life and to purify the water of decomposing fish debris.
The filter's water return is gravity-fed. Water is pumped from the pond up to the filter and through it, then returns back to the pond by gravity. Therefore, it must be placed at the edge of the pond in a location higher than the water to be filtered. It also requires the purchase of a separate pond pump for operation.
It is easily maintained. Just open the lid to replace the brush, sponge, or filter media.
While this filter can handle a normal pond up to 1000 gallons, in situations of high fish volume or particularly sunny locations (which encourages the growth of algae), we recommend it for ponds up to 500 gallons only.
The Bio Pond Filter is designed to be unobtrusive and blend with the environment. It comes complete with the filter brush, filter sponge, and SUPRA Bio Media.
Fish Mate Bio Pond Filter Features:
- Easy filter maintenance. Flip up lid.
- Designed to blend with natural surroundings.
- Can be mounted above or in-ground (up to the lid)
- Complete with high performance SUPRA+ filter media.
- Suitable for ponds to 1000 gallons depending on how much shade and how many fish.
Ponds up to 1000 gallons (Full shade with plants and up to 10" of fish per 100 gallons)
Ponds up to 500 gallons (Partial shade with plants and up to 10" of fish per 100 gallons)
Ponds up to 500 gallons (Full shade - no plants and up to 20" of fish per 100 gallons)
Ponds up to 250 gallons (Full sun - no plants and up to 20" of fish per 100 gallons)
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty (excludes media)
- includes Bio media, filter media and filter box (hose purchased separately)
- Actual dimensions: approximately 15 x 10 x 5"H
- ANI228 - Inlet Hose: 3/4" and 1"; Outlet Hose: (2) 1-1/4"
- Maximum flowrate: 500 GPH
- 14"L x 9-1/2"W x 5"H
- Recommended Pump: ANI247: 600 gph for 1000 gallon pond. Max head height: 6'9"
Use larger pump than minimum recommended size if adding fountains, waterfalls, or other decorative devices.
See What Our Customers Are Saying